Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Forbid Them Not.....

Teaching the World Changer Class at church on Wed nights has really been...fun, we just finished week 6 tonight and I have to say Tonight's lesson was my favorite. I say that each week, but so far tonight is by far my favorite.....giggles....Each week God always has something awesome for us to learn. As the teacher, I do not put myself above the kids...I learn with them even if the book is one I did back in 1996. For me as I teach, I am being reminded of Biblical Truth that can still be applied now and somethings I have forgotten along the way...so its like I am learning the stuff for the first time! Each week the class and I explore some everyday things we can do to grow in God...and its so cool to see the hunger the kids have for Godly things. Each one of the kids brings something unique and special to the class and they truly bless me by how they participate and engage in learning. I am so glad that when I was asked to help on Wed nights God immediately reminded me of a book on my bookshelf at home called 10 Challenges of a World Changer by Ron Luce. This book changed my life back in 1996 and again as I go through it with the kids is changing my life! I just pray that as God uses me to teach the things in this book to the kids it changes their lives and helps them see who they are in God and that even now at the age they are they can be World Changers for God......Each week gets better and better! I am seeing the kids in our church really growing in God and stepping out from time to time as the leaders God is calling them to be....I've heard the phrase "A Child shall lead them" but I also have heard this phrase......and it by far is my favorite....it was said by Jesus "Forbid them not to come unto me" So as far as I am concerned, those children who have a desire to draw close to God and Jesus.....I will personally see to it that no one stands in their way......because Jesus spoke saying "Forbid them not to come to me" this means He has a special interest in our kids.....so I am choosing to help them draw closer to God and Jesus! Will you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment