Monday, April 9, 2012

To My Bestie.....

Your eyes are a window
Your soul is cold
Lies are all you spew
like a venom that kills
I am not weak prey
did you really think
I'd let you stay
blink my eyes at your lies
Standing up to speak truth
I refuse to be hurt anymore

take a look write a book
I am walking away
putting distance between us
I am not feeble you fool
I am not weak so find another to drool

webs you weave so tight and binding
even you have become a victim
I pity you yet I've tried to lend a helping hand
only to be used and abused
save your bologna I don't want to hear it
so be a dear and just be real
no more lies, no more manipulation, no more drama

Is this good-bye you ask
No is my reply
but not because I can't stay away
but because I believe in you,
I believe in our friendship,

Some say I am a fool to stay,
Others say I should stray,
but regardless of the voices
It is my choice to make
Do I take a risk and make a break,
or do I take the risk
To awaken to a new day with you in my life

I can't handle the strife,
It cuts like a knife,
I know I will never be your wife,
for you won't let your heart love me like that,
It tears me apart to think your walking out
saying good-bye and leaving me to cry
I try to be strong, hold on and believe
but I feel like a pong being tossed across the table
It would be freeing to truly know your heart
with no walls, no lies, no mask no fears
open up and dare to believe I am here to help set you free!


This is my best friend...the one who I love dearly...He has taught me so much about men and how a man is supposed to treat a woman. Yet in a blink of an eye our friendship has been severed and I really do not know how to fix it....I know he is worth fighting for and I believe in him more then anyone and anything....I just wish he'd see that I am not a crazy school girl with a crush, or infatuated with him because I am needy or desperate....I wish he would see what I see in him and stop surrounding himself with folks who bring him down....and arise to the place where he no longer lets his past dictate his future and he sees he is nothing like the old him...and he has become a new person better then the old....and walk in all that God has for him!

It hurts that he is phasing me out....and I know not why!

Can we give it one more try? 

No comments:

Post a Comment