Thursday, August 26, 2010

Noodles and Poodles

Have you ever had a conversation with someone and when it was over you were left in a state of "Did we seriously just have that conversation? What was really said in all of that?" I did and I am still trying to process it! I don't know if I should have a bruised ego and take it as I was "rejected" or if  should take it as "read between the lines and hear what isn't being said while I say what is coming from my lips" As fast as the conversation started is how fast it ended...and I think I said 2 words....so as you can see it was mostly a one sided conversation leaving me more puzzled than I was in the first place! lol

So I have decided to leave it in God's hands and let Him work it all out!

Well I made a startling discovery the other day while driving...I have been single for close to 6 months. The 6 month mark is Sept 14th for those who really must know. And in this time I have had a few opportunities to try and date and they never got off the ground to become anything more than an idea. I have been totally content being single and learning so much about myself.  I also realized that many people mistake my kindness as flirting. All I have to say is if I was flirting or interesting in you I have guts to tell you! What ever has happened to treat people the way you want to be treated? I mean seriously kindness goes a long way... and when I have more than someone else I want to bless them with out making it evident that I have noticed them lacking and making it a huge deal that I have more than them. So I discreetly try to share with them in a manner that doesn't make them feel out of place.  Oh well...perhaps one day folks will take time to really get to know me! 

I am starting to look forward to my 30th Birthday, where as before (even just last week) I was dreading it! However I realize that 30 is going to be a new season, new adventure and I am starting to look forward to what it holds for me!  

So for now I will end this thought...I am sure there is more I want to say but I must tend to the needs of the kids I am babysitting and feed them lunch!

Toodles!

2 comments:

  1. When I turned 30 my rent-a-hubby,(then my best friend) gave me a card that sinply said,

    "This will be the year you laugh more loudly,

    and love more deeply than ever before.

    This will be the year,

    you will perfect the art of living"

    Still the best card I've ever gotten. Enjoy your 30th... the best is yet to come. -J

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you...I just wish that folks wouldn't read into my actions...yes I do like this guy but seriously I am not one to push myself on to a guy or look desperate. I love the words inscribed in the card you got...thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete